Daniel C. Marotta
Experience in probate, wills, trusts, estate planning, franchises, trademark licensing, commercial leasing, condominium conversions, and real estate.
REAL ESTATE: Real Estate attorney in all commercial and residential transactions, including co-ops and condominiums.
TRIALS: Trial attorney in federal and state courts with experience in commercial litigation: trademark and copyright infringement litigation, royalty disputes, partnership disputes, complex commercial cases and estate litigation.
ESTATE LITIGATION: Wills, trusts and estate administration. Experience with complex estates involving trusts, contested probate, recovery of assets and accountings. Serves as Counsel to the Public Administrator of Richmond County.
TRADEMARK: Attorney with over 20 years experience in trademark registration and brand protection for wine and distilled spirits labels, food and beverage companies, software, restaurants, record labels, magazine publishing, retail services, real estate firms and entertainment companies.
Adjunct professor at NYU teaching Licensing of Intellectual Property for over 15 years (2000). Fluent in Italian.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1992
- Manhattan College, Riverdale, New York
- Major: Economics/English
- New Jersey, 1993
- New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Wills, Trusts and Estates Litigation
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection
- Business and Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Leases
- Trademark Infringement Litigation
- Richmond County Bar Association, PRESIDENT (past), 1995 to Present
- Network of Bar Leaders, President (past)
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- NYSBA Entertainment Section, Executive Committee
- New York Bar Foundation, 2017 Fellow
- NYSBA HOUSE OF DELEGATES
- Dowd & Marotta, Partner, 1998 to 2006
- Estate of Ekloff ($5.2m surrogate court judgement)
- Nasso v. Seagal
- 172 Stanton Street v. City of New York/Giuliani
- Danny Aiello v. City of New York
- DBA v. SJV Food and Beverage
- American Stevedoring v. Port Authority
- Peer Music v. Karen Publishing
- Real Estate Construction and Development
- Clothing and Design
- Food, Wine, Spirits
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor - Licensing of Intellectual Property, NYU, 2000 to Present
- Miami Winter Music Conference
- Magic Fashion and Apparel Show
- RCBA Volunteer Lawyers Project, Co-founder, 2008 to Present
- NYSBA President's Pro Bono Service Award 2012
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Staten Island Inc.
- Robert Davidman, Feerless advertising agency
- Dennis Martin, Oort Media
- Matthew Parella, Corcoran Group
- Kevin Alexander, Rockaway Development & Revitalization Corp
- Glenn LaMattina, National Realty Investment Advisors www.nria.net